Nathan has been inspired to copy illustrations from Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You which can be bought here. He has been practicing with his Prismacolor pencils and blender.
I saw an interview with Tony DiTerlizzi once, and he was saying that this is exactly how he draws. He looks at the works of artists he admires as he is drawing and copies and then adds his own flare. His blog is worth checking out.
Thank you all! I will see if I can find that interview. I didn't think about checking out his blog! I did think about how Ben Franklin learned to write well by reading others' writings.
Hi, I stumbled across your blog and love it. I'm tutoring a young boy who's home-schooled and needs a lot of support in reading. I have him working through a program called Ready2Read from another blog I ran across. He is responding to it quite well. My challenge now is to find a way for him to catalogue the words we are studying. I'm looking for a good printable dictionary. Your boys are much older, but I was hoping you may have run across something like this?
I was given the chance to invite five NEW customers to Shutterfly. Each of the five people will receive a hardcover 8x8 album. You will still have to pay taxes and shipping. So, if you'd like to enter my give-away, please go here and leave a comment. I will have www.random.org pick five winners on March 16. Thanks! Leave a comment here, and I will choose 5 random winners on March 16 at noon.
Oops -- I already had this one! So, I am offering it up for grabs. I will chose from those who comment here on Saturday by midnight. If you'd like to win it, just leave a comment here. The Moon Seems to Change (Let's Read and Find Out) (Library Binding) Kimber, you won! Email me your address, and I'll mail this.
A kind person on http://www.paperbackswap.com/ sent me some extra goodies with a large order that I placed. This books is one that she sent, and though I love the book, I already have it. So, I thought I'd host another book give-away on my blog. You can see sample pages here . So, post a comment here by midnight EST on July 4 for a chance to win. :)
Love those!
ReplyDeleteWow! He's got the style down...right to the handwriting! Keep encouraging him and buying those (expensive!) pencils!
ReplyDeleteLee
I saw an interview with Tony DiTerlizzi once, and he was saying that this is exactly how he draws. He looks at the works of artists he admires as he is drawing and copies and then adds his own flare. His blog is worth checking out.
ReplyDeleteClearly your son is talented, too!
Thank you all! I will see if I can find that interview. I didn't think about checking out his blog! I did think about how Ben Franklin learned to write well by reading others' writings.
ReplyDeleteHi, I stumbled across your blog and love it. I'm tutoring a young boy who's home-schooled and needs a lot of support in reading. I have him working through a program called Ready2Read from another blog I ran across. He is responding to it quite well. My challenge now is to find a way for him to catalogue the words we are studying. I'm looking for a good printable dictionary. Your boys are much older, but I was hoping you may have run across something like this?
ReplyDeleteThose are awesome!! Wow he has a lot of talent!
ReplyDeleteVery impressive!
ReplyDeleteMiss seeing you around WTM - hope all is well with you.
beautiful notes
ReplyDelete